Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No Worries

Had several interesting conversations that I have to remember:

Tonight as Madeline and I were cooking dinner:
Me: (holding Gabe, cooking dinner - per the usual)
M: Mom, you never hold me anymore

You better believe I stopped what I was doing, put Gabriel down, and picked her up....all 41 pounds of her. You never know when they will stop wanting to be held!!!

Me: I'm holding you right now!
M: Are you going to hold me when I'm a teenager?
Me: Yep, you bet I am.
M: How many of us will be teenagers together?
Me: Say what?
M: Just me and Abby?
Me: Oooooh. (think quickly) Actually, all 4 of you. When you are 19, Abby will be 17, Lauren will be 15, and Gabriel will be 13.
M: Wow. Well, when that happens, you won't have ANYTHING to worry about Mom!

On Sunday after church with Abigail:
A: Mommy, when I grow up and live right next to you we're going to lunch together!
Me: That sounds great.
A: And could you keep the same 336 phone number so I know how to get a hold of you?


And today as I was standing outside Lauren and Gabriel's door (he was fussing in his crib)
L: Gabriel, Puh-LEEESE stop crying! You are inner-rupping my nap time!

Good times. Good times.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those are so adorable! I really like Abby's comment about keeping your same phone number. Like you weren't going to tell her if it changed?!? Classic!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the holding Madeline story makes me cry.
One of mine: the girls are very excited that they can zip their own coats now. So, after they zipped their coats I helped them put on gloves and Katie says, "Mom, when we can put on our own gloves we won't need you anymore". I quickly reminded her that she will ALWAYS need me! :)
Love your stories. Keep em coming!
xoxo,
Betsy