Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soccer Saturdays

Saturdays are all about soccer right now and I have to say.....its pretty amazing to watch the girls compete....and Ron coach.  They have a hustle like you wouldn't believe.  Gee, wonder where they got that from?  
(hint: Daddy's sports resume includes football, wrestling, baseball, soccer, basketball, ice hockey, rugby and much more)

I thought our Saturdays were already full of soccer but today I filled out registration for this Fall and realized we'll have 3 competing.  Go Lauren!

The nice part is the soccer fields are right across the street from the house so we literally jump on our bikes and go.  
(Ok, I made that sound waaaaaay too simple.  Its actually quite a production of 2 biking, one riding in the Kelty carrier, one in the stroller while Ron and I carry armloads of chairs, soccer balls, water bottles and numerous other paraphernalia.)

Nonetheless, its a blast.  Here's a few shots from today's games.

Abby kicking it in
She managed (yet another!) breakaway
And she scores!

I got this one guys! (I missed her goal a couple seconds later)
This almost looks like an illegal move!
Ready to head the ball

8 comments:

Becky said...

I have never see this side of the girls!! I have to say I love it! I can see their Daddy's competitive streaks coming out! They both are serious competitors! Oh, wait, you might have a little of that in you too!

Way to go girls!!

Giving Love Encounters said...

Good call Bex. I definitely have a competitive edge to me!
.... I'm pretty sure we have a picture of me breastfeeding, making sandwiches and talking on the phone....don't mess with me! ;)
LOL!

Chris and Rebecca said...

Loved the post...can't wait to cheer them on and take pics.

Erin said...

I love seeing little girls running around a soccer field. They just look so cute all the while being so tough. Way to go girls!

Jen said...

Too cute!

Way to go girls!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Love the pics! Looks like they are having such a great time!

agirlandhergun said...

So fun!!! Way to go!! Our kids have never been sports kind of kids, but Elizabeth is starting to show some interest we will see. For now, I will through your kids!! Shelby

Liz said...

WAY TO GO Abby and Maddie!! Great coaching Ron!! So proud of all of you! XOXO