Monday, April 7, 2008

Blinded by the Light

....and no I'm not referring to the Chris Thompson song from the 80's.

I am referring to our little dinner party last week.  Ron has become our handy man....well, that might be a stretch but let's just say he is now changing light bulbs and such around the house (love ya babe!)

Anyway, he bought these "new" light bulbs that use less energy, yada yada.  Now, I did not care for the look of these new bulbs but I tried to focus on the positive:  He did not even used to know where we kept that sort of thing...let alone make a trip to Home Depot, purchase and "install" them. ;)

Can we just say they were a wee bit bright?  As in, we had to shed a layer of clothing during the meal and locate the Tylenol for a massive headache afterwards!

The girls donned their sunglasses for the meal.
....and this is why!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you for finally putting this up! I just wanted others to know what to expect when they are invited over for dinner!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

OK, Bill and I are LOL at this post! What a riot. The pic with the girls in sunglasses is absolutely priceless. You guys have lots of laughs and love in that house. What a wonderful family! :)
Love you,
Betsy

Hee hee- didn't forget to sign this time!

Amie said...

I still have a head ache from sitting under them that night. And I think it is coming back full force having looked at that picture. That is some serious funny stuff.. Go Ron though with the home improvement movement... and your 2cent a month light bulbs. You will be laughing all the way to the bank while I shovel out 150$for mine. oh yeah. and you are doing good for the environment...but I won't be able to come to dinner ever again. was this planned? ;)

:)
Amie

Liz said...

Char and I are LOL at this one!!! This is priceless!!