Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Double Check the Lock!

I hesitate to share this story lest you think I am an unfit parent.  However, in the interest of THANKING GOD FOR SAFETY, I will.

The kids were all playing in the living room and I was running around doing, well, I'm not even sure......something, right?

I walked back in the living room to check on Gabriel and he was no longer in the living room. And the sliding screen door to the backyard was open.  Yikes.  I immediately see him sitting there (this is where the "thank you God" comes in).  
He had opened the door, climbed down the patio stairs and was sitting in the mulch eating the scrapes from the girl's picnic lunch.  All this at mach speed.

I so, completely wish I were kidding.  

So, just in case you read this blog and think I have it all together (which, obviously means you don't actually read the blog), I don't.  Not even close.

I do, however, pray protection over my children.  Every. Single. Day.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you Jesus for protecting Gabriel and giving him the Scherer appetite. Without it, he would have crawled right past the scraps and into the wild blue yonder!! :o)

Amie said...

he was just coming to my house. :) He and Hannah were going to meet half way.. ;)

Is it wrong to say Good Job big guy for being independent and getting yourself out that door and finding something to eat? NO? okay..

:)
Amie

Anonymous said...

Don't flatter yourself, I never thought you had it all together!!!! :) (you know I'm kidding and I love you!)
I believe T has a similar story so you two are in good company. It just makes me feel better to know that things like this happen to my friends, too! He is just a smart, curious little boy. You should be thankful for that and NEVER think of the "what ifs". Never.
Ellie got a sunflower seed stuck up her nose yesterday (thanks to her own hands sticking it up there). That was the excitement around here. You win (I think, though my drama probably lasted a little longer)!!!
xoxo,
Betsy