Friday, July 25, 2008

Throwback Friday

Looking for an explanation?  This would be the (completely generic) B*arbie doll that my brother John (sorry to call you out on that bro ;) dropped off for Madeline on his way back to college a few years ago.  The thought was there - I'll give him that.  

Unfortunately (and just after he jetted, rather quickly, out the door), the doll's head popped off and the tears started flowing.  Soon after, came one leg and then another.  It was a disaster.  I took this photo and sent it to my brother with a note letting him know how much Maddie enjoyed it.  ;)  

For anyone that might be wondering, UDF is not the best place to purchase a toy.

(and in case you think I have just totally outed my brother, he and I have shared many laughs over this.....love you John!)

1 comment:

Becky said...

This story remains a classic! I love John's heart, and his desire to get Maddie a gift, and it's a painful reminder that in college you have absolutely NO MONEY!