Monday, July 21, 2008

You've Got Mail!

On occasion, I have mentioned to Madeline that I don't get many letters in the mail anymore. With email, cell phones and all the "instant" ways to talk,  its almost a lost form of communication.  I have no idea when the last time I mentioned this but it has definitely been a while.

Anyway, we arrived home from vacation and today the Postmaster delivered a huge bin of mail at our front door.  As I brought it in to start the madness, I noticed an envelope sitting at the top: "To Mommy, Love Maddie."
 
The letter inside read:
Dear Mom, 
I now you only get taxes so I'm righting a letter for you.  Love Maddie.  
P.S. Please get right back if you can.

I am off to compose some snail mail.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, that is the most precious thing EVER!!!

I couldn't agree more...letter writing is a lost art.

You're awesome Maddie!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that brought a tear to my eye. She is so adorable.