Thursday, November 13, 2008

Boys will be Boys

I know, this is edition 486.  Didn't I just post this one like 2 seconds ago?

I snapped a couple funny photos of him yesterday which I had planned to post last night.  Well, that was before my little man decided to jettison himself out of his crib -- head first -- onto the floor.

I heard a (scary loud!) thump and as I am running toward the nursery, (I was not laying in bed leisurely reading and eating hummus and pita chips.  Of course not.) I see his door open and he comes toddling out holding his forehead.  I maintained my composure. 
(read:  I was completely freaking out...quietly)

Might I mention at this point that I pulled the very same stunt at the tender age of 12 months....and weighing a mere 16 lbs?  

So, today, my little man, we are off to buy you a crib tent.  It's going to be a we're-camping-out-every-night kinda deal.  You're going to love it.
----------

Back to our originally scheduled program:
Hmmm.  I think I'll sharpen a pen.  Even though there is a pencil sitting right here.  
Yes!  I hear the motor making a very weird (fantastic!) noise.  
Hi Mom.  What?  I'm just hanging out....not sharpening a thing.  I'm just sitting here on top of the desk.  And I'm not even messing with your computer.  I know you don't like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch... Due to lack of space, we put Nater on the bottom bunk of Alex's bunk bed with a side rail a while ago, so we haven't dealt with crib vaulting. The other day we did have a back flip off the piano bench that ended up in tears. Toddlers should have their own Olympics.

Becky said...

Oh little Gabbers! You are giving your Mommy some awesome blog entries!

Jen said...

Can't wait to see pics of Gabe IN his crib tent! Tell us how the first night went!

The4Scotts said...

You are too hilarious! I love it!