Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Edible or Not

A little snip-it from my morning:

Maddie:  Mom, what are black eyed peas?
Me:  Oh, they are a band.
M:  Huh?  
Me:  You know, a singing group.  Rock band.  Fergie?  (ok, she def wouldn't know that!)
M:  Really?  Cause in my book they are cooking them.....for dinner.
Me:  Ooooooooh!  Of course.  They are also a bean.  As in, a vegetable.
M:  Ok, can we get some and cook them?
Me:  Uh, yes?
M:  Cool!

I'm gonna be honest here.....don't even know where to find these in the grocery.  

3 comments:

KTEAM said...

You can get them in the canned beaned section or in the dried bean section. I am from KY so we just know these things :)

Chris and Rebecca said...

I personally favor the band but hey I guess everyone should try the bean as well.

Giving Love Encounters said...

gabe your ?