Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Farm, Bob Evans and Triplets

Yesterday, we are on our way to a nearby pumpkin farm when I see a husband and wife (take that Schwarzenegger - you may not allow teachers to use this terminology in school but you can't keep me from blogging it!) walking in the park.

Me: OMGoodness, look at that couple....pushing a triplet stroller AND they have a single!
Ron: Get out, what are they, crazy?
Me: I know. Triplets AND another kid.

From the backseat:
Abby: Uh, Mom? YOU GUYS have 4 kids!
Me: Oh yeah. Duh.

Leave it to Abby to point out the obvious to me.

We had a great time at Jacquemin Farms. (please do not google this as I'm quite sure it will not come up under this spelling) The girls did the hay maze, played in the corn and then we all took a hayride and ate homemade donuts (I may have eaten 2 - shhhhh, the girls don't know). We picked out a family pumpkin from the field and Madeline cut it from vine. Just when I am convinced it's the perfect family moment, Abigail tripped over a root and landed on a pumpkin where her hand made contact with the prickly part of the stem. Yikes!

At some point during all this, Ron leans over and tells me that he forgot to tell me an old high school friend had called several hours earlier and her son was playing in a football game at St. Brigid - right across the street, literally. I haven't seen her in forever and her son in two forevers so I was very disappointed/angry -- Love you babe, love you!

I did manage to get a hold of her before she left Dublin and was able to see her and her kiddos for a bit. Her 3 year old daughter shared her Bible verse of the week with me:

"In the beginning, God created Bob Evans and the Earth. Genesis 1:1"

Freakin' hilarious.

Crap, Gabriel just hoisted himself up on a box of scrap paper in the office, leaned over it, and barfed. I wish I were kidding.
Gotta run.

2 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

What a fun trip to the pumpkin patch!

I love the play by play run down of your day...now go clean up that Gabey barf!