Saturday, February 2, 2008

FFY

Ron was gone last night so it was "FFY" -- Fend For Yourself -- night - which someday will mean you fix your own meal/leftovers. At this point, in my life it means Mommy fixes you leftovers. ;)
Oh, FFY is a stolen acronym from family friends of ours who have 5 children....and need to call an FFY night sometimes.

Anyway, I offered the girls pasta from Thursday night's dinner or oatmeal..."breakfast for dinner".
Madeline starts grumbling that she doesn't want either one. I asked her again and when she responded with a whine I said, "You can have pasta tonight."
Was I teaching her a lesson or was I out of oatmeal?? Lesson, people, Lesson! Well, that, and this is not a made-to-order kitchen.

Fast forward 12 hours and we are at breakfast. Ron is gone (are we seeing a trend here? I'm kidding - he's at a Men's Retreat) and I had planned for the girls to have this fun, new peanut butter cereal that I bought. I think I'm being the cool Mom but when I tell them Madeline says, "Oooooh, I don't care for that. I wanted Kashi." Now, I will admit I am a bit annoyed. She would want organic granola instead of the "fun" cereal....and she's never even tried this cereal! I explained to her that we discussed this last night and the next time it happens she would need to skip her meal and take the time to think about being thankful for food. As I'm explaining this I said, "I'm just tired of it" to which Lauren responds, as if on cue,
"And. I'm. Lauren."

At least I didn't launch into how there are children starving in Africa.....ok, I went there once. I did. But it was a long time ago.

Oops, better run. Abigail is walking Gabriel around on her hip as he is crying and she is saying, "Don't panic buddy. Don't panic."

No comments: