Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day!


Yes, its cold again but at least we have the bonus of a snow day. The girls played outside in the snow for 3 hours this morning.
After lunch I made them "snow cones" -- my sibs and I used to make these growing up....with grape juice and water and sometimes a lump of sugar if we could find it (you could rarely find refined sugar in our home for a number of years....my Mom went through a health kick on steroids)

At the girls request, we added blue food coloring to our recipe. All I could think about as they were happily slurping their cones was acid rain and how snow is probably so bad to eat. And so, of course, what do I do? I google it.
Which isn't always the best idea. Google has been both helpful and dangerous in my life.
Dangerously helpful? Helpfully dangerous? I'm not sure.

"Snow healthy to eat?" (I'm hoping for good things here)

The first thing I click on says, "it is full of chemicals and very bad to eat." I keep going until I find:
"if you live in the suburbs and you only eat a little, its probably ok."
And that is where I stop my research.

Eat away girls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 11th MONTH BIRTHDAY GABE!!!


Britt :)

Amie said...

You are going to love me...LOL. You ahve been TAGGED!!! stop by my blog for details... and remember, you have to love me, I'm family.

:)
Amie

Anonymous said...

Too cute! You're such a great mom. Guess it's easy when you're kids are so darn awesome, huh?! Which came first- chicken or egg?;)
Love your googling. I am so with you. Sometimes I stress myself out waaayyy too much via the internet. So, just search until you find the answer you want and quit. I love it! :)
Miss you dear,
Betsy

Becky said...

Why does it not surprise me that you ran right to Google? In spite of the health risks, this is a really cute tradition! :o)

Amie said...

still waiting on those 7 things..LOL