Thursday, May 22, 2008

Boys will be Boys

People always ask me, "Do you notice how different boys are than girls?"
They started asking this when Gabe was about 2 weeks old and I have to tell you....other than the very obvious anatomical difference....I didn't notice much.

A year later?  Starting to see some major differences.  Like the fact that he somehow manages to scale just about any object in our house.  I found him on bouncing on one of the girl's beds earlier this week.  I have no idea how he got up there.

Yesterday, he banged on the wooden floor with one of the girl's tea party spoons until it broke in half.  Which seemed to please him immensely - despite Lauren's tears.  (I super glued it back together and we are good to go for future tea parties)  

This morning, he figured out how to open the cupboard an inch, stick his other hand in, and undo the safety latch from the inside.  Yes.  I kid you not.  
I can promise you the girls still don't know how to do that. 

And this whole time I thought I had forgotten to lock the screen door the day he escaped.  I'm starting to wonder....

No comments: