Saturday, March 14, 2009

Completely Enamored

I'm going to "out" myself here and confess that I am completely enamored with newborns.  

Smitten.  Hooked.  Enraptured.  Captivated.  

Especially with my own new babies, or new babies of friends or family members.  Or neighbors. Or friends of friends.  Ok, even random women in the grocery store.  
I am that girl.  
You know, the one that randomly approaches you at Kroger to ask about your brand new baby (it isn't that weird is it?  Fine, its somewhat strange....to some.)

I have been ambushing new mommies for as long as I can remember.  I can vividly remember begging and pleading asking every new mom in church if I could hold their just-born infants when I was only about 6 years old.  Every. One.

I recently phoned a friend for the 7th time to ask about her friend's labor progression only to be reminded that I didn't even know this woman.  And she lived clear across the country. Whoops.  That was awkward.

I might have been seen lingering in the Waiting Room while my sister delivered my nephew. 
(and during my other SIL's delivery and also my friend from high school and possibly, a random stranger.  Do we really need to draw a distinction?) 

A friend invited me to be in (IN!) the delivery room while she gave birth to her son and I can't even blog about that for fear I will damage my stellar reputation.

I might have been sitting in my car (engine running?) and ready to head to my SIL's house just as she was pulling into town with her newborn son that she had adopted.  Whatev.

All this to say, you can imagine my self-induced, panicked frenzy sheer delight when I found out I was going to get to take a peak at my new niece, Claire Emmanuel last night.

Here we are together.  Btw, that's an American Girl doll hat she is wearing.
She is so tiny that she doesn't latch well (yet) so I got to feed her a bottle after she breastfed.  I wish it was an understatement to say that I thought I had died and entered heaven.


When I arrived back home, I skipped into the house with so much energy that my hubby texted my brother to thank him for the "legal high for my wife."  

So over the top, he is, don't you think?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Love it. Love you. And love that you LOVE babies.

;)

skyesgirl2 said...

You absolutely crack me up! I have to admit, I love babies too! But, you seem to have a gift from God! I would take that as a compliment from Him alone!

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical!