Thursday, April 9, 2009

Madame President

I had an interesting conversation in the car with Madeline:

M: One day when I am President....
Me: Wait, what?
M: When I am President of the United States...
Me: Oh, sorry.  Didn't know you were going for that.
M: I am.
Me: Ok, go on.
M: The first thing I'm going to do is make a law for companies that they can only advertise their own product and not discredit the other company. (exact wording)
Me: Ah, very interesting.  Explain your thinking behind this legislation.
M: Well, they can talk about the good and bad of their own product but they can't say negative things about the other company.
Me: And why would this be top priority - you know, as soon as you are elected?
M: So the other company's feelings don't get hurt.

And there you have it, my friends.  Your future President's first initiative.

4 comments:

Chris and Rebecca said...

Madeline - I think you are totally on to something here...I suggest you also make that a law for the campaign trail as well. I love you!

Jen said...

The girl's got my vote.

;)

agirlandhergun said...

I'd vote for her.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Too funny! What a smart kiddo!